Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Reports of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

I apologize for the deception and for all the tears that have been shed on my behalf but I really didn't have a choice.  I did it only for my own safety.  As many of you know, I like to explore.  I mean I really, really like to explore.  Unfortunately, this exploration led me into a dangerous place.  I'll start at the beginning...

In May of 2011, I was with Woody in California.  She begged me to not explore a certain area of downtown LA but being the banana-brained monkey that I am, I would not listen.  I ended up in a very dangerous section of town and stumbled across some very shady characters (Juno and Diesel) engaged in some very shady activities.

What I witnessed put my life in danger.  I was forced to run,  run for my very life.  Woody was given some second-rate explanation for my disappearance by the LAPD.  But she had no choice but to believe them and to mourn my demise.

Life on the run is no fun.  Always looking over your shoulder.  Never knowing who you can trust.  I will never be the same monkey again.  I will be forever haunted by my experiences.

Thankfully, last month the Feds finally had enough evidence to convict Juno and Diesel for their deeds (including the brutal murder of my brother, L. R. Monkee - may he rest in peace).  Finally, I was able to resume my life with Woody and Vol Fan.  We were really glad to be able to have some private family time on vacation in Yellowstone and Grand Teton.  I'll tell you about our trip...

I was able to meet Vol Fan and Woody at the airport in Nashville.  After many tears of joy and hugs all around, we had some time to kill before our flight to Salt Lake City so we went to Tootsie's for lunch.   Habits from life on the run are hard to break.  Vol Fan wore his shades to show his solidarity with me.


Finally, I felt comfortable enough that I could remove my disguise.  We had a beer to celebrate.

After landing in Salt Lake City, retrieving our bags, and picking up the rental car, we were off!!  I have learned that safety is no joke.  So always buckle your seat belts!!

Vol Fan was our happy driver!

After such a long day traveling, we stopped in Pocatello, Idaho for the night.  It was dark when we arrived so we were amazed by the beautiful view we woke up to.  This is the view from our balcony.



After a good breakfast at the hotel, we were back on the road headed toward Yellowstone.

1 comment:

  1. I love that your monkey is back in the saddle with you!
    So funny that you ended up in Pocatello; when we had our mishap (terrible weather/flight/vomit etc…) trying to depart Jackson Hole-we ended up departing our plane in Pocatello and then drove to Vegas. Can't wait to see the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete