Friday, February 26, 2010

I Really Didn’t Sign Up For This

Hello! My name is R. L. Monkee. And I go on adventures. Pretty clever since that is the title of my blog, right? No one asked if I wanted to go on adventures. They just take me. They being The Incredible Woody and her husband, Vol Fan.

Sometimes Vol Fan doesn't want to go either but we like to keep Woody happy. Like the old saying goes – If Woody ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.  Thus the adventures.

So sit down. Kick off your shoes. I'll tell about my most recent adventure.
2010-2 Vacation Day 1 118

Last Saturday I got stuffed in this backpack.  And let me tell you, it was cramped in there.  Cameras, lenses, cords, etc all pushing into my most delicate areas.  They better be glad that I am one tough monkey!

2010-2 Vacation Day 1 110Then they hauled me to the airport.  And we waited and waited.  And waited some more.  Finally it was our turn to go.

I was excited about looking out of the window but there was nothing to see except clouds.  For the entire trip – nothing but clouds!!

Several hours later we landed in Las Vegas!!  We gathered our luggage, rented a car, and headed out of town.  Wait!  What?  Out of town?  We were in Las Vegas for goodness sake.  Why would we want to leave?  But Woody had ideas and ideas lead to problems for me and Vol Fan.  So we set off on a 3-hour drive....

5 comments:

  1. RLM, you are in deep with that Woody person and her driving. Can you teach her to swing from the trees? No not a good idea! I cannot wait for more of this. I take it you all are home safe and sane?
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. problems? woody? I don't think this is a true story...I will wait and see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay---so you went to Vegas???? I'll bet you took off either to the Grand Canyon ---or one of the other great canyons in that area.... Lucky Monkey... Don't know why "I" couldn't have gone with you instead!!!! Gosh!

    If I went to Vegas---I'd take off too!!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll do my next wedding in Vegas. :)
    Cute monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. This is SO fun and creative Woody! I love it : )

    ReplyDelete